Anti Ragging Committee
Creation of the Committee:
Ragging means the doing of any act which causes or is likely to cause any physical, psychological or physiological harm of apprehension or shame or embarrassment to a student, that includes :
- Teasing or abusing or playing Practical joke on, or causing hurt to any student.
- Asking any student to do any act, or perform anything, which he/she would not, in the ordinary course, be willing to do or perform.
Keeping in view the need to prevent Ragging, the college constituted Anti-Ragging Cell and Anti-Ragging Squad in the year 2009. Every year before commencement of the first year class work they are reconstituted.
- To prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in raucous or indiscipline activities by any student.
- To monitor, direct and oversee the functions and performance of the Anti-Ragging Squads in prevention and curbing of ragging in the institution.
The senior faculty gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the committee. Based on the choices given, the Institute’s Executive Council will select the coordinators from each department and constitute the committee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Vigilant at all hours all around the campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of and having the potential of ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
* Make surprise raids at all places vulnerable to incidents along those that are having the potential for ragging.
* Conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the faculty or student or parent or guardian as the case may be, and submit the enquiry report along with recommendations to the Head of the Institution for immediate action.
* Ensure the display of Anti-Ragging posters on Institutional and departmental Notice Boards and other prominent places of students‟ movements.
* Ensure measures to see that Anti-Ragging Squad regularly makes rounds in the campus to effectively monitor the students behaviour in the campus.
* Offer services of counselling and create awareness to the students on the impacts and consequences of Ragging.
* Set up a Suggestion Box and place it in the college to help the students to drop complaints or any kind of problems.
* Initiate timely action against students violating / erring the Anti-Ragging Policy.
* Sensitize students about the evils of ragging and its prevention in the Campus by organizing Awareness talks/ programmes.
* Address complaints about ragging as per the Govt. and University procedures.
* Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.