Grievance Readressal Committee
Creation of the Committee:
As an element of constant Endeavour to ensure transparency in all the activities at different stages, the Institute shall provide proper mechanism to students and staff for readdressal of their grievances. This committee will deal with all the grievances raised and are common problems at Institute level pertaining to both Academics and Administration. The aggrieved member shall submit his/her petition to the Grievance Readressal Committee in a sealed envelope marked Confidential. On receipt of such petitions, the Grievance Readressal Committee will endeavor to send its recommendation to the Principal / Director / Disciplinary Authority for further action(s). In case of false and frivolous complaint (if proved), the Grievance Readressal Committee will recommend Principal/ Disciplinary Authority to take appropriate action against the complainant. Complaints dropped in the Suggestion Box by students, staff, and parents and oral complaints are also redressed. All complaints are scrutinized by the committee appointed by the management and/or the grievance readressal cell.
To develop an organizational framework to resolve grievances of students and other stakeholders and to provide them an access to immediate, hassle free recourse to have their Grievances redressed.
The Chairperson for this committee will be appointed by the Executive Council of the Institute and all other members will be nominated by the Chairperson of this committee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Formulate the policy to investigate and review the cause(s) of complaint(s) or grievance(s) of students and staff, and suggest redressal measures within the framework of Institute / University / Government rules.
2. Create awareness on availability of members for students and staff to report on their grievances.
3. Ensuring effectual solution depending upon the gravity of the complaint.
4. Instruct the HODs concerned to attend to the grievances and refer / report the matters to the Principal / Director / Grievance Redressal Authority .
5. Attend to Students‟ grievances related to Examination(s) and recommend for the implementation of suitable redressal mechanisms and minimize the grievances.
6. Maintain records of the Grievances reported, redressed / referred and submit the same to the IQAC Committee on a periodical basis.