Social Welfare Committee
Creation of the Cell:
The Social Welfare Committee functions to promote technical and management education among BC/SC/ST students and other weaker section of the society. It continuously monitors and evaluates reservation policies intended for BC/SC/STs Welfare by the Govt of Andhra Pradesh and also for the effective implementation of the same Welfare. The Social Welfare Department, of Government of Andhra Pradesh sanctions scholarships to all eligible BC/ SC/ST students who are admitted in Post-Metric courses in Government colleges and Recognized educational institutions. Eligible students can apply within the given date with proofs of Date of Birth, Ration Card, Income Certificate, Caste Certificate, Aadhar Card and other relevant certificates. Qualified and eligible students get both fee reimbursement and scholarship. If any student fails to get the reimbursement and scholarship, he/she can make a compliant to Social Welfare Committee of the college. The committee in consultation with the scholarship clerk takes relevant measure to ensure that every student obtains scholarship.
To circulate SC/ST commission’s/ Corporation’s decisions and to collect information regarding course wise admissions regularly, on an annual basis pertaining to candidates belonging to the scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and economically weaker sections.
The faculty and students from SC/ST/EBC community gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the committee. Based on the choices given, the Institute’s Executive Council will select the coordinators from each department and constitute the committee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Circulate GOI and SC/ST Commissions decisions and collect regularly on an annual basis information regarding course wise admissions to candidates belonging to the SC and ST community.
* Adopt measures to uplift the students belonging to SC/ST community at par with the main stream student segment.
* Create a platform where students can refer their problems, regarding academic and non- academic matters.
* Monitor the implementation of reservation policy in the institute.
* Analyze information on admission, education, training, and employment of SCs/STs and prepare reports for onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development / University Grants Commission.
* Function as a grievances redressal cell for the grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the Institute and render them necessary support in solving their academic as well as administrative hindrances.
* Effective implementation of Rule of Reservation for SC/ST Candidates in admission process to various courses in the Institute.
* Effective implementation of the Orders/ Circulars/ Guidelines issued by the Central/State/UGC in respect of Reservation.
* Administer and extend all possible education facilities like Hostel accommodation, Scholarships and Stipend to SC/ST Students as applicable.
* Maintain and provide up-to-date information and statistics in reservation matters to the Central/ State/ UGC authorities.
* Arranging special coaching for SC/ST students to attempt and succeed in competitive exams such as Civil Services (Prelims), Personality Development, Communication Skills, etc.
* Counseling the students to help them overcome inferiority complex and encourage their participation through personal grooming.
* Conduct societal consciousness activities for the betterment of students from SC /ST community.
* Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.