Library occupies a prominent position and it is an important and integral part of the teaching programme. It is not merely a depository of books, but an active workshop instrument in the production of original thinking. The aim of college education and college libraries in inter-related. College library extends opportunities for self-education to the deserving and enthusiastic students without any distinction.
These libraries develop in each student a sense of responsibility in the pursuit of knowledge. College library stimulates the students to obtain, evaluate and recognize knowledge and to familiarize himself with the trends of knowledge for further education and learning new disciplines.
Library is a curated collection of sources of information and similar resources, selected by experts and made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing. It provides physical or digital access to material, and may be a physical location or a virtual space, or both.
A library's collection can include books, periodicals, newspapers, manuscripts, films, maps, prints, documents.College library extends opportunities for self-education to the deserving and enthusiastic students without any distinction. These libraries develop in each student a sense of responsibility in the pursuit of knowledge. College library stimulates the students to obtain, evaluate and recognize knowledge and to familiarize himself with the trends of knowledge for further education and learning new disciplines.
1. Trains the students in making use of the library properly and derive full advantage out of it, integrating the library with the education course.
2. Provides supplementary books and other reading materials to help to study and teach at the college.
3. Provides comprehensive selection of authoritative books and documents needed by the faculty members to pursue their research programmer.
4. Promotes the proper use of the reading materials available in the stack.
5. To provide opportunity of self-education to everyone.
6. To provide modern trade business for the managerial people to adopt the training for the development of information.
7. To provide up to date information to all.
8. To provide scientific knowledge.
9. To provide biased and unbiased materials for the people.
Librarians & Library Staff
The typical library staff consists of three levels of employees: professional librarians, support staff, and part-time assistants. The proportion of each of these in any given institution depends on the type of library, its budget, and the types of users it serves. Professional librarians usually constitute the smallest number of a library’s employees. In addition to their managerial work, professional librarians assume primary responsibility for providing reference assistance, developing and managing the collections, and overseeing cataloging/classification.
Nonprofessional support staff commonly assumes most of the responsibility for directly serving library users. Their activities include essential functions such as inputting, coding, and verifying bibliographic and other data; ordering library materials; assisting with catalog development; performing circulation duties such as checking out books to users; and performing other services vital to the library’s daily operation.
Part-time staff members typically shelve books, perform low-level clerical duties, and carry out other relatively simple but essential tasks.
Total number of Books :10299
No.Of e-journals :2943
No.of Printed Journals :34
No.of Project Reports :572
No.of Newspapers :11
Total area of the library (in Sq. Mts.) : 400 Sq. Mts
Total No.of seating capacity: 150
Timings on working days 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM
Timings on holidays 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Timings before exam days 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM
Timings on vacation 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM