Creation of the committee:
This committee is formed to create awareness among the students about the essentiality of games and sports for development of their physiological strengths and the role of Sports projecting the image of the organization at regional / state / national level competitions.
- To implement the policies for promotion of sports and games in the college.
- To create awareness among the students about the importance of participating in sports and games.
- To improve health and to inculcate healthy lifestyle.
- To build coordination among faculty members to improve the standards of Sports in college by organizing and promoting sports activities.
- Early identification of sports talent and nurturing the identified talent to bring laurels.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in sports council. Based on the choices given by the faculty and students, the Executive Council of the Institute in consultation with the Physical Education Department selects the coordinators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize Intra-mural sports and athletic competitions.
- Assist in selection process of College teams.
- Organize tournaments for students, and staff.
- Motivate students to become part of the ongoing recreational and competitive sports programme.
- Inform the students about the benefits of being involved in an active lifestyle.
- Involve faculty members to assist the Department of Physical Education in promoting, organizing, and supervising the college Sports and „Active Life‟ programme.
- Feature „Sports Hour‟ in the Time Table and assign a faculty member to monitor the students‟ presence in the activities during sports hour.
- The Physical Education department shall organize, supervise and administrate competitive, recreational and leisure time sports activities.
- The Physical Education department shall organize orientation programme for students for better understanding of sports facilities and programmes of the college.
- The Physical Education department shall organize talent search programme to identify talented sportsmen eligible to join the college at graduate and post graduate levels.
- The College Director of Physical Education shall organize “Sports and Fitness Test” for all the students joining at graduate and post graduate levels for the respective term. The test will include 12 minutes run, Standing High Jump and tennis ball throw. It will be mandatory for a student to give all three tests on a given day.
- Maintain records of the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.